Sunday, December 30, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Friday, August 24, 2007
A couple of interesting sunflowers from the garden. I liked the first one because it is a little wonky. Not the typical sunflower, personality!
The second one was only partially blossomed. I find it fascinating that those tiny unblossomed petals get as large as they do. It would be fascinating to watch. Do they grow and engorge like a butterflies wings? I might have to investigate this a little further.
Ink and watercolor in a small watercolor moleskine.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Friday, August 3, 2007
Friday, July 27, 2007
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
I have been tagged and feel a bit like this Croc...just kidding! Just one of the left over candies from the calendar projects.
Here are the rules: 1-post these rules2-each person tagged must post 8 random(... hopefully interesting) facts about themselves3-tags should write a blogpost of these facts4- at the end of the post 8 more bloggers are tagged and named5-go to their blog and leave a comment telling them they're tagged. So, here I go.
- I once set a goal to run a marathon before the year ended. Due to an injury I missed the organized Marathon. To hit my goal I decided to run the marathon on my treadmill. I set it for slightly uphill and went a little farther than 26.2 and ran without stopping! 4 hours and 37 minutes. I also lost no weight between the training and the marathon! Not fair!
- Funnest vacation ever was a bicycle trip in 1995. My wife and I bicycled across Italy. It was hard to come home. If you are going to bike across a country, pick a small country like Italy!
- I have a hard head(In more ways than one!). When I was six, my brother and i were playing in a new home that was under construction. I ended up falling from the main floor to the basement, head first. I landed on the corner of a brick. A pretty nasty cut from above my eye to the top of my head. I think it really gave my parents a pretty good scare!
- As a new artist I joined the watercolor society. They had a week long paintout with a nationally famous artist. "teacher of the year". Paid my fee and took a week off work. All plein aire painting and I really struggled. The teacher gave me about 2 minutes worth of her time for the whole week. at the end of every day we had a critique. all critique and no positive for me. The last day I chose to paint for leaves rather than the creek and forest scene. turned out well. It is framed and hangs in my house today. I still think it is a good painting! Well, slammed again! It was years before I could pick up a paint brush. I am glad that is in the past. I have greatly appreciated every one's positive and encouraging feedback! You all are awesome!!
- I think that I have more art supplies and journals than I can use in a lifetime!
- I am a saver! I dread ever having to move! It is amazing how much stuff you can amass!
- Since Jr. high I have always been fascinated by pens. I now have quite a collection of fountain pens both vintage and modern, I am still not sure that I have found that "perfect" pen!
- Oops, forgot #8! I can't figure out how to post on EDM Superblog! Any takers on trying to clue me in?
Well there is my Quirky list. Anyone want to be tagged?
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Monday, July 9, 2007
Friday, July 6, 2007
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Monday, June 25, 2007
I used the wrong pen on this one. It was not waterproof and it really changed the color when I added watercolors.
I have had this watch for a number of years. I purchased it with part of a large bonus. I still had buyers remorse for a good long time on this! It has been a good watch and has kept good time and held up well.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Friday, June 15, 2007
I was surprised to read the dates on these water colors, 2000! They are in a journal project that I started back then. A really nice journal with great watercolor paper. I figured that I would paint a small picture on each page and then when I was finished, I would then go back and use it as a journal. Well, I got about a dozen pages finished and here we are today! I think that I will continue to watercolor in it and who knows about the journalling. It is a fantastic watercolor sketch book!